The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) is made of up of four countries, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The UK is still a major political and economic force in the world, with an economy that is the fifth largest in the world and second largest in Europe. The UK’s colonial history also means that it has been subject to a multitude of international influences and influxes of people, helping to create the multi-cultural society.
Hundreds of thousands of international students study in the UK each year, making studying in the UK the number two choice for international students in the world, second only to the USA. With traditions of excellence dating back , high class institutions , and much more flexibility than many other countries, the United Kingdom has much to offer international students. Studying in the UK will provide students with an academic qualification respected and valued throughout the world. Financing your studies in the UK
Besides savings, support of parents and relatives, scholarships and student jobs you can finance your studies in the UK by taking a student loan.
You will start making repayments after you finish or leave your course, only if you are earning over the relevant repayment threshold for the country you are living in at that time. (9% what is over the minimal earnings needs to be paid back monthly).
More info: www.direct.gov.uk
1. Academic excellence - the quality and standard of UK higher education which combines the best elements of tradition and modernity.
2. Worldwide recognition – the quality of UK education is recognised across the world by employers, universities and governments. When looking for work in the future, this can be a great selling point in your favour.
3. Value for money – courses in the USA can be over $25,000 a year in tuition alone. Tuition for the majority of UK higher education institutions ranges from £6,000 to maximum of £9,000 a year. Unlike the equivalent programmes in the United States or Australia, most UK Masters programmes can be completed in one year.
4. Improve your English skills – studying in the UK will give you the opportunity to improve your English language skills as English is the language of business, science and technology.
5. Experience of living in the UK – a multi-cultural and multi-faith country which offers both strong tradition and a diverse culture to any international student.
6. International education - the UK has always welcomed students from all over the world. Universities are used to looking after the welfare of non-UK students and have well-developed support services and social networks on campus.